Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

Well it is officially a new year! We had a blast ringing it in with some old friends from college. A really close friend of mine, Shana, and her husband Chad came in town from Chicago, and we are so glad we got to celebrate with them! We went to Buca Di Beppo for dinner, which was really yummy! Trev and I had a sampler platter and it was so good! After that we went and hung out at a friends house, just waiting for the new year to arrive! Here are some pics from our night...
The whole group
Me and my friend Blaire
Me, Shana, and Brittany
Shana and I--how cute is her little pregnant belly! :)
The first pic of me and Trev in 2010!!!
We had a great night, and we can't wait to see what this new year will bring into our lives. 2009 was a really good year for us--we both got new jobs, it was our first full calendar year to be married, we took a couple of great trips and many more things.

Of course with the start of the new year comes new resolutions. Now, I am normally not the biggest "resolution" person because I feel like I always break them. But this year I really wanted to pick some things to work on throughout the year. So after much thought...here are my resolutions for 2010...

1. To become more efficient with our budget...more specifically to tithe better. I always have really great intentions, and we still tithe regularly, but I feel like my attitude about tithing is not where it should be. I want to be faithful to the Lord's commands and do it with joy and excitement. So for 2010, I am going to work on giving joyfully, and making sure we don't just give our "leftovers" to church.

2. To run 10 miles by the end of the year...now for anyone who knows me, knows that I am not a runner in the slightest so the fact that I am posting this publically is kind of a big deal. Even as I am typing I am reconsidering :) But, I really want to get in shape and I hear that running can be so therapeutic once you get past the plateau part. So I am going to try! I have already decided to run in a 5K in February, so that will be my first step!

3. To love others better...Now I realize that this is a really big goal, and it is one that we all should constantly be doing, but I wanted to put it on here to remind myself that this is something that I really want to improve on. I think I have a tendancy to judge others or get irritated about something someone else has done, when really I should be showing them Christ's love. So I want to make an extra effort this year to just love others--no matter what their circumstances are and no matter what their behaviors are. It seems so simple, but I know that I will definitely need the Lord's guidance and grace along the way!

So there you have it folks....my resolution list for the new year. Fairwell 2009 and welcome 2010!!! I can't wait to see where 2010 leads me and my family!

Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Hey, you took my background now I'm going to have to go change mine or we'll match!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to say that Vandy got to ring in the New Year at G-ma's house! :-)

    ReplyDelete