Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Guest Post

Ok so when Ash started this blog thing I fully intended to partake at some time and use this space as an outlet for some of my thoughts. Well for the few of you guys that actually keep up with us you know that I have never actually done that. Well I am stopping by for a guest post and we will see how it goes from there. Since Ash posted some of her thoughts and goals for the New Year I figured I would do the same. Mainly for the purpose of someone being able call me out in an area I might be falling short in at some point.


First I want to do a short moment of reflection on the year that was 2009. 2009 brought many changes to my life. It was the first full calendar year that Ash and I existed as a husband and wife and every day that passed made me relish in the decision we made. I hate to be sappy but she really is my better half and I don’t even dare to think of where I would be without her by my side. We are quickly approaching 2 years and I cannot wait for the next 200. Ok that is totally unrealistic but I believe you get my point. I LOVE YOU BABE!!! 2009 also brought a major job change that allowed me to leave the customer service/phone rep world and enter the world of education. I am teaching/coaching/athletic directing at my alma mater. Its been a huge blessing and while sometimes I feel like I am drowning in my work load and am never going to make it to the weekend I truly enjoy my job and am so thankful to God for allowing me to be hired.

Ok so there are a thousand other things I could discuss about 2009 but I want to look ahead to the 10.

1st I want to grow in my roles. I wear many hats at LCS/LCF. I could fill an entire bog about my job description but no one would believe me nor want to read it. As crazy as it might sound for those that actually know that extent of my work—I relish in it. I want all the work you can throw at me. However what I am tired of is too many times I skate by. I don’t pour myself into the situation for fear of failing and falling flat. I do not do failure well so too often I over-guard. I want to stop that. My Life Group deserves a well-prepared discussion not a half ass job. My classes deserve a teacher that has scheduled events to use the entire class and deepen their knowledge. Now is the time to fulfill the responsibilities and focus.

Sorry for the soapbox. Sometimes I have to preach at myself to hear myself.

2nd I want to read more. This goes on many levels. I want to read more of the Bible. I am too often easily overcome with other things that my quiet time is forgotten. It is not the priority it MUST be. Not should be, MUST be. I must be grounded in His word. I want to read more on a professional level. I want to deepen my own knowledge in my subjects so that I can challenge my students at the level they need to be. I want to read more for pleasure. I am tired of TV. Give me a book and a couch and I will be happy. My wife might be upset because I will completely zone out but she will understand =)

3rd I want to write again. I used to write all the time. Some of this was out of necessity while some of it was pure pleasure. Now I may not write for people to read but or anything that people want to read but I must write. I feel as though I am given some things that need to be on paper. Therefore I fully intend to make more appearances on this blog. I might bore the few of you that read this thing because I don’t post pics but maybe you will enjoy it.

Ok so there are a few of my goals for 2010. I could go on but I wont take up any more of your time. Most of you have probably quit reading anyways. That’s ok I don’t blame you. See you guys throughout the year.

1 comment:

  1. OK.....here are my "Mama" thoughts......#1--You have never done failure well, but I am thankful God is growing you in this area.

    #2 Glad that I raised one reader. :-) "A book and a couch and I will be happy." You are your mother's son!! And remember, the book is ALWAYS better than the movie.

    #3 I am privileged to have some of those "early" writings and I wouldn't trade them for anything. Guess both of my kids have had a gift with words....you had to write them, while Courtney had to speak them! :-)

    I love you, Son!

    ReplyDelete