Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ready to RUN!

This weekend I ran my first 5K! I have been wanting to do something to get into better shape for a while but haven't really been motivated. About a month ago one of my best friends, Brittany, and I talked about wanting to do a half marathon--so we decided we would try to train. So we picked out a 5K and signed up!!! We had about 3 weeks to train but with a week of rain and no gym membership I only ended up running several (about 4) times before the race. I figured the adrenaline of running a race and running with someone else would get me through.....boy was I WRONG! This race was alot harder that I was expecting....it was a cross country race so we ran on grass and it was really hilly in some parts. I learned a good lesson that you cant just do anything because you put your mind to it....you have to train and work hard first so you are prepared! Dont get me wrong, it was fun, but next race I will train harder and be better prepared! Overall though I was proud because I finished....and I ran (mostly) all of it! Here are some pics from the day....

Before the race



Starting the race--we were super excited here...believe me about 5 minutes in the excitement had dwindled :)

Britt and I finishing the race...she was an AWESOME race buddy. I had to stop after about a mile or so and take a potty break (believe me it could NOT wait) so she went on and ran ahead. But after she finished she met me near the end and finished the last few tenths of a mile with me--I would not have made it without her!


SOOOOOOO glad it was over!

All of us after the race!

Trev and I are planning on running another race in June so hopefully the next run will go better for me!

P.S.--The person behind all the pics was my awesome hubby :) He was so supportive and woke up at 5am to come with me....he's AWESOME!!!!

1 comment:

  1. YAY for friends that will pull you through when you MIGHT want to quit and YAY for husband's who are uber-supportive!! Very proud of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete