Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Finally....Vacay Days 6-9: CHARLESTON!

Sorry that I haven't been able to blog as I promised...we didn't have the internet at the beach house in Charleston, so I wasn't able to. We drove to Charleston on Sunday and left on Wednesday morning. We stayed with some friends of mine that I used to work with at Vanderbilt, and we had a GREAT time! It was a long drive from DC to Charleston, but it was well worth it!

Trev ready to be there already! :)

The AMAZING beach house that we stayed at--it is my friends Lauren's parents, and we were so thankful to be able to stay there. It was pretty much right on the ocean, which made for such a relaxing time!

The dining and living room

The kitchen

One of the beautiful porches, where we spent time reading, hanging out, and just relaxing!

View from the porch--I seriously think that I could wake up to that everyday and never get sick of it!

Lauren and Andrew's adorable little girl Sarah Frances--she wasnt so sure about us at the beginning of our stay, but she definitely warmed up, and she LOVED Trevor!

Trev relaxing with their dog Ruby Mae

S.F. on the beach--I absolutely love this pic!

Lauren and I--it was so great to visit and catch up!

We stayed on the Isle of Palms, which is named that because there are palm trees everywhere!

For lunch on Monday we went to Poe's Tavern--it is definitely one of my favorite places to go in Charleston! It is a burger joint, and all the items on the menu are named after a Poe story or something in Poe's life. I had the Gold Bug and Trev had the Tell-Tale Heart! It is so fun!


Trev playing with S.F.--she must have knocked these blocks over a hundred times!

SAY CHEESE!

Trev and I before we went out to dinner on Monday. We went to Hank's, which is a wonderful seafood restaurant! It was so nice to go out and have a nice dinner with friends!

Lauren and Andrew at Hank's


On Tuesday we explored downtown Charleston. It was fun, but definitely an adventure. First of all, we parked really far away, so we walked like a bazillion miles. Then, it poured on us....TWICE. By the end of the day we were wet, tired, and grumpy...but at least it made for a good story! :)

Rainbow Row

Me at the battery

Trev and I in the park at the Battery--this was about 3 minutes before it started pouring for the first time

A pic of the park in the rain, while we waited at the pavilion in the center of the park

Trev waiting under a church's awning during the second rainstorm. We decided to just walk in the rain after a while because there was no end in sight.

After walking in the rain for what seemed like forever, we finally made it to the Market on Market St. where we could take cover for a while

After the rain had stopped--I was soaked!

We cooked dinner on Tuesday night and played Sequence. It was a fun night in!

Breakfast at the Sea Biscuit Cafe--yum!

S.F. loving on her bunny :)

We had a GREAT trip and are sad that it is over. We are so thankful for both the Wolcott's and the Pittard's for being awesome hosts! Hopefully this was just one of many awesome Castle family vacay's to come!

2 comments:

  1. Now back to reality.....so sad! Glad you had a great trip, but we sure missed you guys around here. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pics. That house is awesome! I have always said my dream home would be on the beach in Charleston. I want grass and weeping willows in the front yard and beach in the back, and long porches on both!!! Ha! Speaking of Isle of Palm, Dorothea Benton Frank is one of my favorite authors! Her books are what make me want to live there! Looks like you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete