Sunday, June 28, 2009

Oatsvall Family Adoption Concert


Today we had the wonderful experience to support some friends of ours.  Trevor's high school journalism teacher, Gwen, and her family are adopting a boy from Uganda.  Tonight they had a benefit concert to raise money for his adoption featuring Point of Grace!  Now, I wasn't really into the whole Christian music thing when they were hugely popular, but I do know that they were one of the pioneer groups featuring contemporary christian music!  They were awesome and put on a great show!  It is so awesome how God uses different people and circumstances in our life to bring Him glory.  One of the singers in POG has a couple of sons that go to school where Coach O coaches, and she heard their story and wanted to help.....so they had this concert...how awesome!  We also got to hear from a young woman named Katie who lives in Uganda and runs a non-profit child sponsorship program.  And, she is foster mom to 13....yes 13 Ugandan girls.  Oh and did I mention that she is only 20?!?!?!  How amazing!!!  Here are some pics from the night....

Point of Grace doing their thing!




The Oatsvalls speaking about adoption



Trev and I at the concert


The Castle women all sporting our Ugandan necklaces


It was such a neat experience for Trevor and I because since we started dating and talking about having our own family we have ALWAYS wanted to adopt one day--and this is so encouraging  to see that God will provide.  Now comes the hard part...waiting until the time is right.  I tend to be one of those people who is always living in the "next stage" of life.  I am always thinking about what life will be like when this or that happens.  Thankfully, the Lord is teaching me how to just relax, and live life one day at a time.  I know we will get there one day, but for now I am thankful for where we are in life right now!

If you want to check out the Oatsvall Family's adoption blog go to www.oatsvallteam.blogspot.com

Oh and P.S.  I cant figure out why the last half of this post is underlined blue so sorry!


1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you guys wanted to adopt. That is really cool. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete