Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Gulf Shores (part 1)


For our vacation this year (and part of our anniversary celebration) we took a trip to gulf shores with part of my mom's side of the family.  The crew included Trevor and I, my mom, my aunt Joan and uncle Randy, my cousins Kristi and Keri, and Keri's family--Clint (her hubby), Hudson (age 3), and Harrison (age 1 1/2)

So far we are having a great time!  It is so nice to be able to just relax and forget about work and all the chores at home that need to be done!  One of my favorite things about this trip has been the ocean.  I am normally not a huge ocean fan, but this time the water was SO clear and beautiful!  Looking at the beauty of the ocean, I don't understand how anyone cannot believe in the Lord--His creation is so marvelous and beautiful!

Here are some pics from our trip so far...

Trevor and I the day we got to the beach

Kristi and Hudson relaxing on the balcony

The first day we were there we went to eat at a place called Calypso Joe's.  The food and atmosphere was wonderful!  I ate the crab cake sandwich-Yum


Me and my mom at Calypso Joe's

Doing oyster shooters at Calypso Joe's!


My cousins: Kristi and Keri

Our second night we went to this great restaurant named Lulu's--its Jimmy Buffett's sisters restaurant.  While we waited Trev had a sno cone and Harrison loved it!  In fact, I think he may have eaten more of it than Trev did--he is like a little birdie!




Hudson and Harrison


The third night we ate at the Oyster House--it was yummy, and they had the BEST oysters I think I have ever tasted--(good thing since the restaurants name is the oyster house)

Hudson and his mom Keri at the Oyster House restaurant.  Isn't Hudson's smile great!


Trevor and I at the Oyster House

The boys in front of the 8 foot alligator at the Oyster House


Our trip is only halfway over and it's been great so far!  More to come!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a good time. I agree, I often look at the beautiful things in nature and ask myself how anyone can not believe in a creator. Love you guys. Glad you've finally entered the blogging world:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on joining blogland ... it is addicting !!! your vacation looks like so much FUN !!!! can't wait to have dinner w/ you guys ... still checking schedule ... JUNE is so packed w/ fundraising, basketball, and work ... oh and 4 kids .. hee hee ... i am mailing out the posters today to your house ... thanks for the help !!!!

    ReplyDelete