Saturday, March 12, 2011

A GREAT Saturday!

We had a really great day today! After sleeping in (10:00am) we went and had a late breakfast at Cracker Barrel...yum! Then we decided to be productive and cleaned out our garage. I wish I had taken a before picture so that everyone could see the amazing transformation. Just imagine boxes and stuff covering almost every inch of the floor and that's what it looked like before. And now.....so clean and tidy!!!!

Then I worked on a sewing project....a friend of mine had asked me to try and make easter basket liners that she had seen on Pottery Barn Kids....so I gave it a go. This one is by no means perfect, and the fabric is just some old that I had lying around (I was thinking gingham for the actual ones) but I think it turned out pretty good! Its a really cute idea, and a great way to personalize your kids easter basket!


Also for my birthday I really wanted a new vacuum. Even though my b-day is still a month and a half away, I noticed some vacuums on sale this weekend at Kohl's. I knew my mom had a 30% off coupon so we decided to go look. We ended up getting a steal of a deal. They didnt have any more of the one I wanted (the Hoover Pet Hair Vac) and they couldnt find the price on it. So they gave it to us for the next model down's price (109.00) plus 10% off since I was buying the floor model plus my moms 30% off coupon. We ended up getting it for $76 including tax!!! WOW! I cant wait to start vacuuming! :)

Lastly, and most exciting....my sis in law went to DC for the week of her spring break. The last time Trev and I were there we went to Georgetown Cupcake (star of the hit TLC show DC Cupcakes) and fell in love with the cupcakes.....so Court brought us some back! And boy were they DELICIOUS! I am pretty sure they are the best cupcakes ever! YUM!

After the plane ride home a couple got knocked over...but we rescued them :)

Eating a key lime cupcake!
Everyone taking their first bite (Ignore my face in this one....I was REALLY excited!)
The damage :)
Overall it was a great Saturday....great weather, great food, and a great time with family!

5 comments:

  1. ......and what a great blog post! Sure crammed alot into one of your rare "off" Saturdays! Time for bed..... though I'm not sure I want to brush the cupcake taste out of my mouth! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't suppose you saved me a cupcake uh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know how your vacuum works with the dog hair! I've been eyeing some vacuums since ours is awful, but we haven't gotten one yet, in case our next place has hardwoods. So, I'd love your review :)

    Also - I am drooling all over myself at the sight of those cupcakes - they look DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute basket!
    Wow i can't believe the deal you got on that vacuum! That's so awesome!
    Also, those cupcakes look delicious! Lucky you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was searching the internet for a cute Easter basket liner and one of the search results was yours and I love how it turned out! Would you mind sharing a pattern or at least a rough idea of how you did it? I am new to sewing, but will try just about anything. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete