Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Banquet and Porch Renovation

This past weekend we went to Lighthouses junior/senior banquet. Trev is one of the junior class sponsors, which meant that he was in charge of helping organize and set everything up for banquet. It was alot like prom....except no dancing of course :( It was at Old Hickory Country Club, and turned out really nice. The meal was good, and the entertainment (Mr. Keenan Hunter) was the best part. All the kids looked nice too! After banquet was over, we headed to our favorite place...Rita's of course!!!

The best DIL and MIL ever!

K-man jammin'!

Court being the paparazzi :)

King and Queen of Banquet

Say CHEESE!

Me and my love!

Trev and Timmy being silly :)

The next day, Tim came over to help us re-do our porch. Ever since we bought our house, the front porch has been falling apart, but we hadnt had the time or money to fix it until now. My awesome father in law agreed to build it for us. I told him what I wanted and he has turned the plan into a reality! He is pretty awesome! I am so excited to have a new front porch and can't wait until its completely finished!

My beautiful purple salvia!

Before pic of the porch...noted all the spindles that are missing on the handrail. Its hard to see just how rotted and messed up it was, but trust me--it was bad!

DEMO!

The new wood, ready to be cut and built into a porch!

Timmy Lee sawing....every time he started the saw I got nervous that he would cut his fingers off...luckily, he went home with all 10!

The end of day 1 (I forgot to take a pic of the end of day 2 so the next pic skips ahead a bit)

The end of day 3....its looking so good! I really love the squared look of the big poles instead of the 90's looking round ones :) All that's lacking are the rails and a few coats of paint! I will post an after pic once we are all done!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! As soon as TLC is done, the painting crew is ready to take over! :-) I can't believe how different it looks already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to paint or stain. Because staining might look really nice too. For some reason, I had it in my head that you were doing the back deck. Don't know why. Looks good though. Don't you love having a big project like that all done? You know me, queen of projects. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, when I first saw the picture of your flowers I thought you write Saliva:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the new porch! looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Your porch is now looking good after renovation. All pictures are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    regards,
    Round Columns

    ReplyDelete