Thursday, June 3, 2010

All I needed to know, I learned in Kindergarten...

This year marked a very special occasion in the Castle family! Deb completed her 30th year teaching kindergarten! WOW! What a woman....and to make it even more impressive that is the first and only job she has ever had as a working adult...CRAZY! So, on Tuesday we had a surprise party for her at Lighthouse, and she actually was surprised! We got her there by telling her that we were going to Maggiano's for dinner (which worked well, but she was quite sad that we didn't actually get to eat there) It was a great night, and wonderful to see such a wonderful woman and extraordinary teacher honored! Here are some pics from the night...

The yummy cake--from Homestyle of course!

When she walked in the door--SURPRISE!

Still in disbelief I think :)

Deb and the cake!

Deb and one of her former students dressed up as the Cat in the Hat.

Trev reading his version of the poem "All I ever needed to know I learned in Kindergarten"....except it was "All I ever needed to know I learned in Mrs. Castle's class!"

Me and my wonderful hubby!


The Castle fam!

CONGRATS MRS CASTLE (aka Mom and M.I.L)!!!! WE LOVE YOU!

1 comment:

  1. It was a fun night.....can't believe I got a whole "blog" to myself! Love you! :-)

    ReplyDelete